What are Cantilever Racks?
A cantilever rack is a type of industrial storage unit for either dry or liquid goods. They are often used to store or transport steel and other long, heavy products that forklifts and other lifting devices can easily damage.
Cantilever racks come in various sizes suitable for storing most products, with each tray able to hold hundreds of pounds worth of weight. They are also easy to reconfigure when a product is sold, or shipments need to change.
What Are The Types and Their Uses?
- Steel Cantilever Racks: These can support heavy weights and easily move around, but they tend to rust more than aluminum varieties.
They’re also more expensive to manufacture and purchase, but this is the rack for you if you need to store large amounts of metal products.
- Aluminum Cantilever Racks: Made from strong yet lightweight material, these racks can handle large weight loads without causing structural damage.
They don’t create dust or attract dangerous elements, and they come in a variety of colors to suit any environment. Their only downside is that they cost a bit more than steel models do.
- Plastic/Wire Mesh Cantilever Racks: The cheapest option, these cantilever racks are typically used to store lighter products with less weight.
They’re made out of the same materials as the trays they rest on, so there’s no risk of rust or corrosion, and they can be customized to fit specific needs depending on tray size and spacing between arms.
- Container/Vault Style Cantilever Racks: These are some of the strongest types available because their main beams are steel instead of aluminum.
They tilt easily for easy loading and unloading, but most importantly, they have built-in safety features, including adjustable arm stops that automatically prevent overloads.
If you need a heavy-duty cantilever rack designed to prevent injuries, then this is what you’ve been looking for.
- Open-Sided Cantilever Racks: These are the best choice for exterior storage because their bases are made of grooved steel instead of grated aluminum.
They’re more lightweight than most other cantilever racks, but they also come with adjustable arm stops and locks to prevent overloads.
Additionally, these cantilever racks tend to be easier to assemble than most other types on the market.
Get The Best Commercial Storage Options For Your Business in Leominster, Boston, and the 40 miles Area
If you need help choosing the type or style of cantilever rack that will work best for your company, please contact our team at Source Equipment, Inc!
We’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and offer advice on how to get the most out of your new storage units! We also provide other commercial storage options. Remember: safety first!