There are many types of storage cabinets in a commercial and industrial setup. One that is very exclusive and very essential in specific industries is the flammable storage cabinets.
Wondering what they are and their uses? Read on to find out.
What are they?
These are cabinets used to store combustible material of any kind, from liquids to solids.
They must be fire resistant and highly durable as they have to stand a lot of heat and damage caused by flammable materials or items stored in them.
It is mandatory by many states and industrial safety experts to use such cabinets for the safe storage of such combustible items.
Which materials are kept inside these cabinets?
- Gasoline and other flammable liquids: Petroleum products and items like gasoline, diesel oil, among others, are all kept inside flammable storage cabinets.
They must be kept in a well-ventilated area to prevent any mishap or leakage due to combustion.
- Waxes: These waxes are normally used during the winters. They provide a smooth fluid flow when applied with minimum effort, especially if you have to work in minus-degree temperatures.
They have many other vital uses, but they are also flammable hence the need for careful storage.
- Wood preservatives: Wood preservatives are liquids used for treating wood generally before they are used in furniture or constructions of other kinds.
The items should be kept in a suitable flammable storage cabinet with proper ventilation to allow air circulation inside it because these chemicals emit harmful gases when exposed to higher temperatures and humidity levels around them.
- Adhesives: These adhesives provide a stronghold of materials like carpet tiles, rubber mats, etc., on floors.
They are explosive and need to be kept inside proper storage cabinets with adequate ventilation for smooth airflow.
These adhesives also emit harmful gases, which can cause damage to the surrounding areas.
- Other flammable items: Other types of dangerous goods are kept inside these storage cabinets depending upon their usage or requirement by the industry.
For example, medical facilities require specialized cabinets that provide safety against moisture and humidity, thus preventing water leakage or vaporization damage.
Are they also usable at home?
Other than industrial use, these cabinets are also usable at homes as they provide perfect storage for such items.
It is necessary to keep some items like paints, gasoline, diesel, similar liquids, etc. safely.
This also helps maintain hygiene and cleanliness as these materials emit harmful gases, which can cause further damage to furniture and other items that come in contact with them if stored carelessly in open spaces.
Want Flammable Storage Cabinets in Leominster, Boston, and the 40 miles Area?
Contact Source Equipment, Inc for the best deals.
We offer all types of storage for different units, from cantilevers, pallet racks, and record storage shelves to lift tables and carts.
Simply give us a call and we’ll find the perfect storage solution for you.